Summer is just around the corner with warm nights and Father’s day almost here too.
What do you have planned for all those wonderful Dads out there?
Many salons are grabbing hold of the ever growing ‘ Barber Shop’ or ‘Men’s Grooming Lounge’ faze that is happening in all the salons right now and you should already be a part of this too.
This for some salons is an area within the salon dedicated purely for gents. Clippers, trimmers, scissor over comb, a bit of sport on the TV and, if you’re lucky, a beer in hand too, all while you’re having your hair cut.
Drive NEW Clientele to your Salon
When did you last do a review of the men coming into your salon?
– What percentage of your clientele are men?
– Do you offer a particular price for men’s appointments on certain days of the week?
– How do you promote the men’s hairdressing at your salon?
Take a look at your advertising, when did you last concentrate or promote me’ns hairdressing within your salon? Is your focus always on colours and cuts for all the lovely ladies out there? Consider sending out a newsletter or email using the latest salon software from Salon iQ – focus on the fabulous services you have available for men in time for Father’s Day.
Father’s day is a great excuse for you to get all those men through your doors, ensure your team are fully brushed up on their men’s hairdressing skills, stock up on all your wax, paste, gel and hairspray and say hello to your new barber shop.
Preparation for Father’s Day
– Ensure your team are brushed up on their men’s hairdressing skills (book out 1 hour workshop if needed to go over the basics)
– If you can, stock up on beer or how about a summer drink like a non-alcoholic sangria
– Get those sports channels tuned in if you have TV in your salon
– Update your magazine selection
– Promote your opening hours for the weekend
– Shout about what you do if it’s more that cutting and colouring, like hot shaves and beard trims
We would love to hear your plans for Father’s day so comment below now!