At the beginning of 2020 I’m sure none of us were expecting a global virus to take hold and rule the media headlines.
Without creating panic and keeping our salon business’ running as normal as possible, it is still important to address the matter in your salon.
Will this affect your salon business?
Yes to some extent it will to what scale, time will tell.
What can you do to reduce the impact of Coronavirus in your salon?
Protect your clients and your team as much as possible.
Make hygiene your focus;
- Ensure hand sanitiser is readily available to clients through their experience with you
- Remove all hand towels from the bathroom and provide disposable paper towels instead
- Have a policy for every stylist/therapist to wash and sanitise hands pre and post treatment for every single client
- Clean all tools between each client with anti-bacterial products
- Deep clean the salon at the end of every day with bleach and antibacterial products on services and tools
Contacting your clients
Following the health officials guidelines if anyone has travelled to a high risk or certain countries during the virus outbreak, they have been advised to self isolate for 14 days.
Sending an email to your clients is advisable as you are of course in a confined public place, advise them to contact the salon prior to their appointment if they are experiencing any symptoms or have any concerns regarding their health and their appointment.
Creating a Facebook or Instagram post allows you to reach a wider audience of your existing clients and potentially new clients.
It is important to outline how serious you are taking the virus and extra measures have been put in to place to aid prevention and ultimately look after your team and your clients.
What to do if you speak to someone who may have Covid-19 symptoms?
Ask them to seek medical advice as soon as possible, do not visit a hospital or GP, ask them to call 111 who will give them advice on what to do.
Further information can be found here from the NHS -> https://bit.ly/2WbhfDd
Salon Guru have added some really good tips and advice on adding a notice to your website as well as attempting to keep business as usual -> https://bit.ly/2W8CrK0