It’s almost that time of year again…Black Friday…and it’s back again BIGGER than ever.
FRIDAY 24th NOVEMBER 2017
Black Friday is now a key shopping date in our calendars in the UK thanks to the US influence.
Have you grabbed this retail opportunity and pulled it in your salon before? How did it go for you? Did you advertise your Black Friday deals, or was it pureley word of mouth?
Many of your clients will be using Black Friday as an opporintuity to begin their Christmas shopping with good deals to be had across many stores.
Some stores continue the Black Friday event onto the weekend and even into the Monday. Known as ‘Cyber Monday’.
Ideas for Black Friday in your Salon
- Gift Cards – This is a really good way of increasing your gift card sales directly before Christmas. Why not run a gift card promotion for one day only and add on £5 or £10 to the gift card for FREE? (If you use Salon iQ you can monitor gift card sales through both plastic gift cards or paper gift vouchers.)
- Bring in your old shampoo and conditioner and we will take off the differnce when purchasing an in- salon hair or beauty product.
- Push retail sales by having all retail 10% off, one day only
- Unlimited blowdry packages, 5 blowdry’s for £200 , or buy 5 blowdry and get 2 free. Only when purchased on black friday.
- Purchase 2 full body massages and receuve an extra 30 minutes complimentary
When setting any promotions that have a discount make sure you clearly outline the terms and conditions to your team and to your clients.
Check list when Setting up Promotions
- Do all your team understand the promotion?
- Have you outlined the terms and conditions clearly?
- Is there an expirary date on the promotion?
- Do they need to redeem the umlimited packages within a ceratin time frame?
- Is the promotion with selected stylsits/therapsists only?
- Is the promotion only on selected product brands?
- Are there a limited number clients can buy of the promotion?
- Have you added the promotion onto Salon iQ or computer system so you can easily monitor the success of it?
Promoting your Black Friday Deals
Everyone will be looking for the best deals on this day and will prepare themselves to spend money if they know they are going to save some pennies.
If you want to you could set a limit to the number of deals you sell, so it would be on a first come first served basis. This way you could set a bigger reduction but have more control of the numbers.
Why not create a banner on the home page of your website or set up a whole new page advertsing your black friday deals? You can then direct traffic from your social media platforms to your website.
Advertsing on your website allows you to elaborate and go into alot more detail about the sales you have available, you could also use images and video’s making it more interactive and eye catching for your readers.