What does Black Friday Mean for Hair & Beauty Salons?
Black Friday is becoming the biggest shopping event of the year – did you grab a slice of the action?
Recent stats coming in have shown a staggering £7 million cash injection for the British sector with the majority of sales being made online.
Everyone is making the most of the media coverage plus it is extended across the weekend being Cyber Monday to maximise sales.
2018 saw many high street stores have record sales again, lets take a look…
Some of the biggest mobile apps were downloaded more than 2 million times on Black Friday.
Customers spent more than $2 million via their mobile devices – hence the high number of app downloads. Amazon’s app was the most installed – they added around 115,000 new app users in just one day. According to TechCrunch.
The high street didn’t see as much action as our online store, however a well known brand being John Lewis who are not in partner with Waitrose said “its total sales were boosted by a 13.1 per cent surge in fashion sales, which were driven by Black Friday promotions on both branded and own-brand items.” Source: RetailGazette
So, with all this is mind, we need to prepare our salons ready for Black Friday 2019 to soak up some of the online sales – how do we do this?
Two things which ping to mind straight away are Online Bookings and Online Gift Card purchases
1. Get your online bookings active and in order – Have your favourites at the top. This isn’t something to guess either, you will more than likely be surprised at the results when you run your top services report.
To do this on Salon iQ go to Main menu -> Reports -> Team -> Services -> Ranking
Look at your Top 10 services, these are the services you need to make your favourites so when your clients book online they haven’t got to search for services that are rarely booked.
Please note this can be changed at any time.
2. Promote your online bookings – There are a number of ways you can promote online bookings for your salon business.
– Have a ‘Book Now’ button scattered across your website, the home page is a key area that all viewers will see almost immediately.
– Add a book now button onto your Facebook page
– Promote your online bookings through your social media platforms
– Spread the word in salon – let your clients know face to face that they are able to book their appointments online
Online Gift Card
These days if we see something we want we tend to buy it there and then and not wait for Christmas or Birthdays. Thats why gift cards can be a great way of giving without getting it wrong.
Generally speaking gift cards can be used in the salon to buy both services and retail but this is up to you if you choose to have both.
Salon iQ gives you the ability to offer gift cards at a reduced price. For example: Purchase a £50 gift card for £40. So the face value if £50 but you can offer £10 off.
Your clients are looking for the deals to arrive in their inbox on their social media platforms and in your salon windows.
Take a look at just some of the high street windows are caught on Friday.