Apply these 8 rules and you will be onto a winner
- Create a positive environment from the day you begin your salon journey, this will lay the foundations down for you to grow your team effectively
- People need direction within their career, so you will need to help some to get on the right path and help them progress within their career. You could offer advancement opportunities and set future career goals during 121’s.
- Invest in your team. Education is key in anything we do, without the knowledge or feeling of us progressing and moving forward we can become a bit stale and then lack of motivation starts to kick in.
- Have fun, a large percentage of our time is spent at work so we have to make it enjoyable, little treats through the day, lunch or drinks after work are just some things that will show your appreciation
- Acknowledge those that go the extra mile, if you do they will continue to go that little bit further and do that little bit more, if you don’t they will stop and eventually move on
- Have incentives in place with reachable goals. Goals need to be set where they have to put in the work to reach them but also feel acheiveable at the same time
- Follow through with your word, if you say you are going to do something when x, y and z have been done then you must do it. Otherwise you lose the trust and it turns into false promises
- Match tasks to talents, we all have our strengths and weakness’s, what some find difficult others will find easy and visa versa.