Make every available appointment count
Your stylists appointment availability should really be few and far between now for Christmas. Your top stylists are fully booked with their next available appointment being in January 2017.
It’s also a busy time of year for your clients with festive parties and Christmas shopping so they need a reminder. Fill those gaps you have by sending an e-mail or SMS blast to all those that have not yet got a future appointment but have been to the salon in the last 6 months.
Remember to use the Salon iQ filter tool under client selections for this – which makes it quick and easy for you.
Example of texts:
“Ho, Ho, Ho! There’s still time, we have an appointment waiting for you ready for Christmas. Call now 01234 567890 to book”
“We want to see you! We have a couple of appointments available in time for Christmas. Make your appointment now 01234 567890”
“There’s still time, you can still look drop dead gorgeous for Christmas. Call now to book your appointment 01234 567890”
Example Simple Selection
Your clients are just as limited for time as you are. Add a link to your salon opening hours so it easy for them to plan and schedule their appointment.
Target your colour clients first, as this tend to be trickier to fit in, then a few days later you can send another reminder to everyone who has not booked. Remember if they do not get in with you they may well have to go somewhere else.
It is better to fill your appointment book with your regular clients, than with transient clients. If you want to send an email instead of an SMS blast, it is good to say your opening hours and remember with both Text and email you can add Book Online button or link which directs your clients straight to your online booking page.
Tips to Increase Stylist Utilisation
The good news – This is not much more work for the salon owner or salon manager, it is down to the individual stylist, you may just need to give them a nudge in the right direction.
- Think ahead – Look for potential opportunities for upgrades with existing appointments.
- Make the most of your future professionals (apprentices) As long as they no the basics and work in a professional manner. Push them in at the deep end, it’s how we learn best! The following services could be booked in with future professionals if you feel they are competent enough: Treatments, Colour, Blowdry’s. This will allow more availability for your experienced stylists.
- 15 Minute gaps – These are purely wasted time and makes the utilisation for the salon and stylist low. Resulting in clients being turned away.
- When confirming the appointment a few days before ensure this has been booked in correctly. This will avoid wasted time if the client only want a Cut and finish but you have her booked in for a colour and a cut.
- Run through a briefing sheet with each team member at the beginning of each week. Click Here for Briefing Sheet Template. (Designed to help your stylists/therapists plan ahead, upgrade and focus)